Most common technical FAQ by oiling wooden floors
- The oil should be at room temperature.
temperature must be between 15 and 25°C (60 to 77°F).
- The moisture content of the wood should be between 5% and 12%.
not apply areas larger than 20 m² at a time (10 m² at a time in good drying
- Do not allow unabsorbed oil to dry! Dried unabsorbed oil produces glossy spots on the surface.
- Too much oil will result in a longer drying time and longer time for over-coating.
- On wood with low absorption, leave some
areas untreated during the first application. These areas will be filled
during the redistribution procedure.
- The oxygen curing process will be extremely slow if the temperature is below 18 °C.
- Floor heating system must be turned on during
application and polishing.
- Do not polish the surface while warm so as to avoid bleeding back of the oil.
- When the finish is dried the room can be aired.